Sunday 15 October 2017

Weekly Wrap Up #14

Hi everyone, with Rachel and I's crazy work schedules, we miss sharing whats going on with us. We used to have a lot of fun with our Showcase Sunday posts, so thought we'd do something regular on the blog, where we share bookish news and life news in general as a weekly recap! We've decided to link our weekly wrap up's with The Sunday Post hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer.

Jasprit 
This week has just been kicking my butt big time, I've been hoping to come home and relax, but just have so much work to do, and then because my commute is taking extra longer, I've been having to leave extra earlier, when all I want to do is stay in bed all day long! So this is one of the reasons that I read 0 books this week, I know I can't even believe it myself, I have several on the go at the minute too, but just haven't had the time. I started Roni Loren's The Ones Who Got Away and I really did have high hopes for this one, but so far it hasn't been working out for me at all. But on the upside, I did renew my membership at the gym this week, I'd been telling myself for a while that I'd go and so was happy that I made it into a circuits class too and I could tell how unfit I was by the end of it, by how exhausted I was! 


WHAT I READ/REVIEWED 
Rachel:
 (Click on title for Goodreads link)




I loved my re-read of Devil in Spring especially after reading the previous books in the series first.  Sugar Pine Trail was super sweet.  Depth of Lies had a lot of surprises and twists, but I had a feeling of sadness upon finishing. I was looking forward to The Queen and the Cure, waiting for the audio to come out.  The narrator, Steve West, was excellent, but I wasn't pleased with the turn of events half-way through the book. There was a lot of action and plot movement, so I was distracted by the frustration, but still it dampened my pleasure.  I liked the first book better.  I'm still not sure how I'll rate The Ones Who Got Away. I think my feelings toward the story were based a lot on my mood at the time, but I will say it's not my favorite Roni Loren story.


BOOKS RECEIVED 
Jasprit 
(Click on title for Goodreads link)

 
I'm really late when it comes to the Lisa Kleypas bandwagon, as I haven't read a single book of hers! I thought it was high time I changed this by getting myself a copy of Cold Hearted Rake from the library!

Rachel:
 (Click on title for Goodreads link)


I really enjoyed Sugar Pine Trail so I added these from Netgalley.  

NEW TO MY TBR
Jasprit 
(Click on Book for Goodreads link)

 

Karma Brown just popped up on my Goodreads feed this week, and I just added her books to my tbr pile straight away, I checked and quite a few of my friends have been fans of her books too. I was thinking of trying her books on audio, but I'm still in two minds about whether I want to try the paperback or just get the audio version. And despite not having the greatest run with Kasie's books lately, I couldn't resist adding Listen to Your Heart to my tbr, the cover is also super adorable! 


Rachel:
Nothing other than the books received above. :)






  WHAT I'M WATCHING:

Jasprit  


 
Of course I'm still loving the heck out of Strictly Come Dancing, it's the highlight of my Saturday. And I was ecstatic with the return of Riverdale season 2, there was so much I needed to know from the end of Season 1 and I was pleased to say it didn't disappoint, bring on Thursday (Netlflix UK shows it a day late) for more Bughead! 


Rachel:

I went to the movies and watched the new Lego movie with my family, and bits and pieces of one Longmire episode.  Haven't watched much else.
EVENTS OF THE WEEK

Jasprit 
I had my first personal training session this week, and I actually really enjoyed it! My teacher I've know for a while, as he does my classes during the week too, but he's good because he proper pushes you, like I'd normally just stick within my limits on the machines, but afterwards I was proper feeling it and sweating like no man's business! But because I enjoyed it so much, I've decided to book another six sessions! Wish me luck! 





Rachel:
My half-marathon is scheduled to go on October 28th. Two weeks away, but I'm wondering if the race will even take place with all the wildfires in the region (Wine Country, California).  I've read the fires are only 25% contained so far.  I can't believe the death toll and devastation!  So very tragic!  I'm in Central California right now, at our vacation home and the smoke from Wine Country is blowing over here making it extremely smoky in this valley!  I guess we'll see what happens.


How was your week?

18 comments:

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

Wow you have both been busy! Loving the new books and I spy holiday reads. We have been watching The Exorcist as it started a new season. Hope you both manage to get some reading in this week.

Greg said...

Ooh Depth of Lies sounds good, just went over and checked it out. Like the thrillery sound of it. Come Away With Me looks good too.

Yay for Riverdale being back! And yes Bughead- love those two!

Good luck with the class Jasprit! And Rachel hope the race doesn't get called off. It looks terrible what's going on with the fires out there.

Unknown said...

I still haven't read Devil in Spring yet - I'm ashamed to admit that even though I love Kleypas, historical romances are not on the very top of my tbr anymore. It sounds like you haven't read the Queen and the Cure yet, would love to hear what you thought. :D

Ronyell (a.k.a. Rabbitearsblog) said...

Oooh! It looks like you two sure had a busy week!

Here’s my Sunday Post!

Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

Geybie's Book Blog said...

I hope you enjoy your new books this week. Happy reading. I haven't watched any movie for a while but I'm planning to next weekend with my husband. 😁❤️

Blodeuedd said...

Maybe I should try Riverdale. but then again CW and the pretty people are so tiresome

Evelina @ AvalinahsBooks said...

Oh, that's too bad you read no books, Jas! We all have tough weeks like that. Maybenext week? :)
I hope your race will take place, Rachel. Ironic that over there the draught is killing you, and we're losing our crops over here because of flooding. If only it could get dispersed! All the problems would be solved :/

The Book Disciple said...

I was late to the Lisa Kleypas bandwagon as well but Cold Hearted Rake was my first read and I was HOOKED!
The wildfires are devastating. Its so tragic. I hope you stay safe!

Grace @ RebelMommyBookBlog said...

Sounds busy you guys!! I love Karma Brown. I have read two of her books and am a fan. I need to read more RaeAnne Thayne too. Have a great week!!

Karen said...

I have to give Riverdale a try at some point. I'm out of the loop when it comes to tv/movies right now. lol


For What It's Worth

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

I hope the wildfires settle down soon, Rachel. They are horrifying. I hope you get to run your marathon. I hear ya, Jasprit. I have been in a slump too and there have been weeks when I have hardly read. I have gotten in a couple of good audiobooks this week and that has helped. Hope you two have a lovely week!

Unknown said...

Wow you guys are reading a ton of great books! I love me some Amy Harmon, but I've had yet to read The Queen & The Cure. (I know, I know) Hopefully I'll pick it up soon! I also need to stop playing and give Kasie West a try. I'm always hearing great things about her books, but for some reason I never think to pick one up. I just got back into the swing of blogging and reading consistently, so I'll definitely add her to my TBR although I'm sure she's already there lol

Brandie said...

I would love to try out a personal trainer!! Sounds like a fun to me. ;)

The fires in California are so awful and tragic.

Come Away With Me is a good one - hope you enjoy it, Jasprit!

Rachel - I think the Lego movie looks hilarious. Sunnie isn't into it, though. I'm taking her to see the new My Little Pony movie this weekend.

Alyssa said...

Oh no Jasprit! I'm sorry the Roni Loren's book isn't working for you. I'd seen a lot of excitement about the book but I decided it wasn't for me so I'm not going to read it. I think I've given up on Kleypas too. Whoops. 😂 Rachel, I hope you and your family stay safe and fire-free!

Happy reading, ladies! Have a wonderful week. =)

Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Jasprit: Good for you on getting back into the gym/classes. That's awesome! Sorry about the long commute though. Not fun. I haven't finished too many books recently, so I'm a bit behind as well. LOL

Rachel: I'm glad you're okay with all the fires going on, but yeah, scary stuff! Hopefully your race will still happen though.

Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net

Sara @ Forever 17 Books said...

Oh man, Jasprit, I have high hopes for The One Who Got Away too. I'm a little nervous now. :(
Rachel, those fires are so scary! I'm glad you are safe and good luck with the marathon.

Lily B said...

Jasprit - Hope the personal training works out for you :D If I'd ever gone back to the gym I'd probably want one, it seems like there is more motivation that way.

Rachel - It's so sad about whats going on in California :( I cannot believe myself that the fire is only 25% contained, but I guess the dryness is not helping. Hopefully this devastation will get under control.

Carina Olsen said...

Aw, I totally understand being exhausted, Jasprit. I hope you'll feel better. <3 Hugs :) And hope you have had more time to read :D And ahh, you read a bunch Rachel. <3 YAY :D As always, such a stunning recap girls. Hope you are both doing the best :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...